At Cube Dev we are building a technology stack for modern analytics. If you are fascinated by the software that powers large technology companies but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then the job at Cube is for you.
We are a small and dedicated team in San Francisco, funded by top-tier SV investors, working on making advanced analytics infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on the bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Cube.js, you will be part of a vibrant community. Cube users often engage with the company on GitHub and Slack.
Thousands of developers are using Cube to build analytics applications and we want to help them be successful. That’s why we're looking for a backend engineer to join our Cube.js Core team to build state-of-the-art analytics data access technology.
Some of the problems you'll be working on:
- **Cube APM. One of the main tech problems for Cube Cloud is to provide application performance monitoring analytics of Cube instances using Cube itself. Being purely a dog food problem, large-scale real-time analytics has a lot of challenges, most of which will be solved for the first time ever using the SQL approach.
- **Cube Cloud PaaS Infrastructure. Cube Cloud provides a platform as a service infrastructure to deploy Cube applications in production capacity at scale. Being based on AWS, GCP, Azure, and other cloud providers its sophisticated cloud in cloud implementation with a lot of various infrastructure challenges.
- **Cube Store Service. Cube is used to serve analytics for trillions of data points with sub-second response times. To keep up-to-date with growing big data demands and serving speeds we’re developing our own database optimized for serving huge aggregated tables with latencies of several milliseconds. On-demand Cube Store service provides access to hundreds of cores for several milliseconds per query that allows processing terabytes of rollup rows.
- Expert in data structures and algorithms.
- Solid understanding of how databases work.
- Experience in building heavy cloud infrastructure applications from scratch.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent English.
- Previous startup experience or interest in working in a small fast-moving company.
- Experience with contributing to or the maintenance of an open-source project.
- Experience in data engineering, building analytics applications, or OLAP.
- Experience with Docker and k8s, AWS, GCP.
- C++, Rust, or any other low-level language experience.
- Understanding of how V8 works.