Cube’s mission is making the world’s data accessible and accurate.
We are a powerful tool for consuming data from modern data stores, organizing it into consistent definitions, and making it available to every application. The general idea is to replace a lot of the busywork of connecting data sources and building data visualizations so that developers can build powerful analytics applications and businesses can make decisions using up-to-the-minute information.
Cube.js, our flagship open-source tool, has 13,500 stars on GitHub, 6,000 developers in our community Slack, and deployment in over 200,000 companies worldwide—ranging from Apple, Intel, and Walmart to fast-growing Silicon Valley startups. Our hosted offering, Cube Cloud, launched to general availability in October 2021.
We’re currently a 60-person remote-first team distributed across the US, UK, and Europe, with headquarters in San Francisco. Having raised our Series A funding in July 2021, we’re backed by top-tier Silicon Valley funds that had previously invested in Redis, Hazelcast, Gradle, and other infrastructure software startups.
Some of the problems you'll be working on:
- Founding and leading the Cube presence in LATAM. As our first hire and lead engineer, you will oversee the LATAM team, distribute the work and own the outcome. You will also be responsible for hiring more engineers, setting up processes and policies.
- Cube Cloud PaaS Infrastructure. Cube Cloud provides a platform as a service infrastructure to deploy Cube applications in production capacity at scale. Being based on AWS, GCP, Azure, and other cloud providers, it's a sophisticated cloud in cloud implementation with a lot of various infrastructure challenges.
- Maintaining Cube Cloud Enterprise SLAs. Cube Cloud provides uptime guarantees to enterprise customers, and the Infrastructure team provides technical solutions to ensure Cube Cloud stability and reliability. As a leader of Cube Cloud, you will own the SLAs and come up with new measures to make sure Cube Cloud never goes down.
- Experience building and leading software engineering teams
- Experience running large, mission-critical software in production
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems
- Understanding of major cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Ability to write high-performant code in Go, Rust, C, C++, or another similar language
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English
- Experience writing code in Rust
- Experience in data engineering, building analytics applications, or OLAP
- Previous startup experience or interest in working in a small fast-moving company